These 2 videos and tutorial information will teach how to access and navigate the settings menu, as well as how to connect to Bluetooth devices.
Video 1: Accessing the Device Settings (Audio Menu)
To get the video tutorial to play, click on the video image below.
The settings menu allows you to customize your device, from reading rate, to language, volume, device voice, and more.
How to Access the Settings Menu
There are three ways to access the settings menu:
- Rapidly double press the trigger button and after the long beep, say, 'Enter the User Menu'.
- If you have enabled "Hey OrCam" on your device, you can simply say: 'Hey OrCam, enter the User Menu'.
Click here for instructions on how to enable the "Hey OrCam" feature.
- Press and hold down the long power button with your one hand, then press the ('+') or ('-') button with your other hand, and then release both buttons.
How to Navigate the Settings Menu
Once you are in the audio settings menu, listen carefully to the audio instructions.
- Pressing the trigger button confirms the selected option.
- Pressing the volume buttons browses through the options.
- Double-tapping the trigger button either sends the device back to the previous menu or exits the audio settings menu.
If you do not make a selection, the device will repeat the same message. If no action is made
before 30 seconds transpire, the device will automatically exit the audio settings menu.
Connecting to Bluetooth
This is the same video that appears in the setup video tutorial section. To get the video tutorial to play, click on the video image below.
You've completed the Video Tutorials for your OrCam Read.
Have more questions?
The OrCam Userspace is our online community and a great place to ask, share experiences and meet other OrCam users.
You can also reach out to our team and we'd be happy to help: submit a case.