Note: Older OrCam Myeye 2 devices, with a serial number beginning 06 or earlier, cannot be updated to the latest software version, since the hardware is incompatible.
- Make sure that you have connected your device to WiFi.
- If the device connects to WiFi successfully and does not start downloading after 5 minutes, try disconnecting and reconnecting the charger so that the device reconnects to the WiFi again.
- Reboot the device
- Long press on the power button for about 10 seconds until you hear a “beep”
- Once the device is rebooted, wait for 5 minutes to see if the new software version will now start downloading.
- Try switching to a different WiFi network, then try updating again.
- If the device doesn't start downloading after 5 minutes try to reset installation retries via the user menu:
- Enter the settings menu
- Swipe forward until you reach "General Settings Menu" and tap to select.
- Swipe forwards until you reach “Reset installation Retries” and tap to select.
- Follow the prompts to reset the installation retries.
If the device is still not downloading the software update, please submit a case to our support team:
- You can submit a case to our support team by clicking here: https://www.orcam.com/en/submit-a-case/