To enable "Hey OrCam" on the OrCam Read you will first need to ensure that you have the correct software installed on our device.
- Rapidly double press (one press quickly after the other) and after the long beep, say, "Tell the Version".
- Your device will then tell you the software version installed. Version 9.10.52 and above are able to use the "Hey OrCam" feature.
- If your device has a version below 9.10.52 you will need to update the software to enable "Hey OrCam".
- Enter the user settings menu in one the following two ways:
- Rapidly double press the trigger button, and after the long beep say, "Enter the user menu".
- While holding down the power button, press either volume button and then release the
- Once in the user settings menu, press the volume up or down buttons (the + or - buttons) until you hear: "General Settings Menu". There are 8 options to choose from and "General Settings Menu" is the seventh option. Using the plus (+) button moves you forward through the menu while using the minus (-) button moves you backwards through the menu, so it's faster to get to the "General Settings Menu" by using the minus (-) button.
- Press the trigger button to select "General Settings Menu".
- Press the volume up or down buttons (the + or - buttons) until you hear: "Configure Vocal Commands Settings". There are 14 options in the "General Settings Menu" with "Configure Vocal Commands" being option number 10. So it's quicker to reach this option pressing on the minus (-) button.
- Press the trigger button to select "Configure Vocal Commands".
- Enable full vocal commands by selecting that option with the trigger button.
- To exit to the previous menu entry rapidly double tap the trigger button.
- Rapidly double press the trigger button again to exit the user menu.
Now that you have enabled the "Hey OrCam" feature, all vocal commands can be accessed by either:
1. Double tapping on the trigger button, waiting for the long beep, then giving the vocal command, or
2. By saying "Hey OrCam" followed by the relevant vocal command.