Here is a tutorial video on how to correctly charge and power on your device
Before turning on the device for the first time, OrCam recommends charging the device for at least three hours. For all subsequent charges, OrCam Read fully charges in 90-120 minutes.
To charge OrCam Read:
- Insert the charging cable into the charging inlet of OrCam Read.
- Plug the USB end of the charging cable into the wall charger.
- Plug the wall charger into an electrical outlet.
Notes on Charging and Battery Level.
- OrCam recommends using only the original OrCam charger provided.
- The OrCam Read charger supports 100-240 V, 50/60 Hz.
- OrCam recommends charging your device at least once a month if you do not use your device frequently.
- The device can charge when powered off, awake, and in Suspend mode.
- The device will wake up when charging in Suspend mode or powered off.
- When awake or in Suspend mode, the device will chime and announce it is charging.
- When powered off, the device will beep and the On/Off LED indicator will turn orange for a few seconds, turning blue upon fully awakening.
- If the device’s battery level is too low, the device will announce, “Warning, battery is running low. Currently [xx] percent charged”. When the device reaches one percent battery level, the device will announce, “Battery is too low”. OrCam Read will then undergo its shutting down procedure.