The Smart Reading feature is designed to help you find the information you are looking for in a faster and easier way.
Please see the tutorial video on how to use Smart Reading below:
With the Smart reading feature you can ask OrCam Read to read the due date and amount of your bills, read just the desserts section of a menu, read the phone number off a business card, and more.
To activate this feature:
- Hold or place the text 12 inches (30 cm) in front of the device
- Double-tap the trigger button and say after the long beep, “Smart Reading”. The device will start making camera shutter sounds.
- Alternatively, if you have "Hey OrCam" enabled on your device, you can simply say: "Hey OrCam, Smart Reading". The device will then start making camera shutter sounds.
- After the device says, “Ready”, the device will always be listening. There is no need to subsequently double-tap the trigger button or say "Hey OrCam" before every vocal command.
- Say a vocal command.
- If you wish to say a new command while the device is reading, press the trigger button once and the device will return to “Always Listening” mode.
- To exit this feature say “Exit”. OrCam Read will say, “Exiting” as it exits the Smart Reading feature.
Notes on Smart Reading.
- Reading navigation does not work while using the Smart Reading feature.
- While awaiting your command, OrCam Read will repeatedly announce, “I am listening” to indicate it is still within the Smart Reading feature.
- OrCam Read may ask you to confirm whether you meant to say a specific command. Say, "Yes"to confirm and OrCam Read will continue with said command. If you did not say the said command, say, "No" and OrCam Read will return to "Always Listening" mode.